Dm us on our account to have your dog featured
And yet, it’s become clear to me that in order to show up fully for everyone I’m serving … I need to also have space to replenish. To fill up my tank.
So I set out to create that space.
Here’s how it looks for me at the moment:
- I’m taking Decembers and Junes off, mostly: I had to talk with all of my clients and shift my programs so that I could do this, but it’s happening! It also means I did a bunch of writing ahead of time. I am still doing some work, including creating a new course and setting intentions for 2021, but I’m not doing client calls, webinars or meetings. This month is the first time I’ve ever taken off a full month!
- I cleared Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays: I used to have meetings on Fridays and Saturdays, but now I keep those days clear. I still do some work, but it’s much more spacious and I can take the days completely off if I feel like it.
- I’m leaving the other days more spacious as well: I only do about 3 calls a day (down from 5-6 calls a day at my peak) and I don’t block off every hour anymore, so that I can have a greater sense of spaciousness.
What do I do in those spaces?
Anything I feel like!
Here are some of my more common ways to use the space:
- Head out to nature & spend some time in solitude
- Listen to a podcast
- Read with my kids
- Hang with my wife
- Call my mom, grandma or siblings to catch up
- Read a book
- Reflect on bigger picture stuff
- Take care of chores
- Write a book about my grandmother
- Or do whatever work I feel like
I’ve found that this kind of space is incredibly nurturing, replenishing, life-giving. And so few of us take it for ourselves.
I know that not everyone has this kind of freedom, and I am grateful that I can do it. But I challenge you to see where you’re cutting this possibility off for yourself, and see if you could create it. It might take a few months to create, but if you stand for this possibility for yourself, you might surprise yourself.